What is the R.A.R.E. Support Network?
The R.A.R.E. Support Network, operated by Working with Hope, Inc, is a dynamic and forward-thinking initiative that recognizes the vital connection between physical and mental health when it comes to addressing chronic invisible illnesses.
By becoming a part of this network, you will join a passionate community of businesses and organizations dedicated to serving individuals with these conditions.
Together, we strive to provide comprehensive services that support them in managing their condition and ultimately finding a cure.
What is Chronic Invisible Illness?
Chronic invisible illnesses encompass a wide range of medical conditions that often go unnoticed by others.
These conditions go beyond physical ailments like arthritis, diabetes, and fibromyalgia.
They also include mental health disorders, like PTSD, and traumatic brain injury cause by trauma.
Living with an invisible illness can be challenging, as others may judge and criticize without understanding the internal struggles.
Since individuals with invisible illness appear healthy on the outside,
they are often wrongly accused of fabricating their pain.
R.A.R.E. stands for:
Mutual Reliance, Acceptance, Respect, and Empowerment.
These principles underscore our dedication to fostering understanding and mutual reliance within our community.
We believe in the strength that comes from supporting one another and that together, we can change the narrative surrounding invisible chronic illness.
What types of Business should join the R.A.R.E. Support Network?
The R.A.R.E. Support Network welcomes a diverse range of businesses that share our commitment to making a positive impact on the lives of individuals facing invisible chronic illnesses.
We believe in the strength of collaboration and unity in fostering understanding and mutual support. If your business aligns with values of R.A.R.E. and social responsibility, we invite businesses from various sectors to consider joining our network.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Healthcare Providers: Medical professionals, clinics, and healthcare facilities offering specialized services related to chronic illnesses, both mental and physical
- Therapeutic Services: Counseling services, therapy providers, and wellness centers that contribute to the mental and emotional well-being of individuals.
- Pharmaceutical Companies: Organizations involved in the distribution of medications that address chronic invisible illnesses.
- Support Services: Businesses providing ancillary support services such as transportation, home care, and assistance with daily living activities.
- Technology and Accessibility Solutions: Companies offering innovative solutions to enhance accessibility and improve the quality of life for those with chronic illnesses.
- Fitness and Wellness Studios: Organizations promoting physical well-being through adapted fitness programs and wellness initiatives suitable for individuals with chronic illnesses.
- Legal and Financial Services: Professionals offering guidance on legal and financial matters related to healthcare, disability, and accessibility.
- Community Organizations: Nonprofits and community groups advocating for awareness, understanding, and inclusivity for individuals with invisible chronic illnesses.
- Employment and Workplace Solutions: Companies focused on creating inclusive workplaces and providing career opportunities for individuals with chronic illnesses.
- Educational Institutions: Schools, training programs, and educational platforms supporting awareness and education about invisible chronic illnesses.
- Law Enforcement: Agencies and officers committed to understanding and supporting individuals with invisible chronic illnesses, ensuring inclusivity and accessibility in their interactions with the community.
If your business or organization is dedicated to making a positive impact and contributing to a community that values R.A.R.E. principals, we encourage you to express your interest in joining the R.A.R.E. Support Network.
- Together, we can create a network that changes the narrative surrounding invisible illness and empower these individuals with the services they need to find a cure.
PROGRAMS THAT GIVE HOPE
provides survivors empowerment to live securely within their own homes through the utilization of a cutting-edge facial recognition security system.
This innovative technology promptly notifies both law enforcement and family members if an offender violates a protective order.
Cutting-edge mental health services utilize Virtual Reality technology to enhance assessments, surpassing the limitations of traditional evaluation methods.
This groundbreaking approach enables clinicians to provide survivors with more precise and accurate assistance in their journey towards recovery.
Monthly gathering to explore various forms of the healing power of art.
Warriors For Life
Provided by Victory for Veterans is an online Peer Support Program to provides Veteran to Veteran, First Responder to First Responder, and Caregiver solution to a number of issues many of us deal with. They include PTSD, TBI, MST, and other Invisible Disabilities, Addictions, and Wounds.
Healing Art Center
Working with Hope has a vision where the threads of creativity weave a tapestry of healing for all.
Let's create a world where art is a universal language, and The Woodlands, Healing Art Center becomes a haven for community well-being. We invite you to join us in making this dream a reality!
JOIN THE NETWORK
Joining the R.A.R.E. Support Network is an invitation to be a catalyst for positive change. It's an opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the lives of individuals facing invisible chronic illnesses.
To express your interest and learn more about partnership opportunities, click below.
YOUR DONATIONS HAVE CHANGED LIVES.
Behind every statistic, there lies a human story – a story of struggle, resilience, and the indomitable human spirit.
Invisible illnesses often bear the dual burden of physical pain and societal misunderstanding.
By choosing to invest in the R.A.R.E. Support Network, you provide services and products that recognize and address this unique intersection of our physical and mental health.
These tools assist in the management of their illness and gives hope for a cure.
Have a product or service that could make a meaningful difference in the lives of those battling chronic invisible illnesses?
Reach out to us today and let's join forces in restoring hope to those who have lost it in finding a cure.
R.A.R.E. changes the narrative surrounding invisible illnesses in several ways:
Mutual: reliance, acceptance, and respect; empowers individuals by providing a sense of connection, value, and agency.
A 2021 study involving married women found that all types of intimate partner violence are linked to post-traumatic stress disorder, a condition marked by severe anxiety, flashbacks, nightmares, and unwanted thoughts relating to distressing events.
When individuals feel supported and respected, they are more likely to have the confidence and motivation to pursue their goals, overcome challenges, and contribute to their communities.
Change the narrative and break the silence.